[User Picture]
From:generalist
Date:January 28th, 2004 01:13 am (UTC)
(Link)

Nope, I'm not interviewing anywhere. Was your point that Microsoft uses brain-teasers to help cull its pool of interviewees down to the smart ones (this is well known), or that the puzzles they use are (or should rightly be) broken?

-(Amusedly) generalist

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From:luwenth
Date:January 27th, 2004 07:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, we must assume that she's not going to know by texture, or because she keeps her socks bundled, and that she's going to walk out of the room and not be willing to re-enter. So, in order to make sure that she has two socks of either brown or black, she has to pull 3 socks.

So, like, your book is wrong.
From:selkiediver
Date:January 27th, 2004 07:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I've seen that question as part of an IQ test and the answer is three. That should guarantee a matching pair of socks in one or the other color.

I am confused.
(Reply) (Thread)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]