Amazing reconstruction of flight 1549 crash into the Hudson river - Life is strange...

Nov. 13th, 2009

04:03 pm - Amazing reconstruction of flight 1549 crash into the Hudson river

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

Hi all,

If you haven't seen this, you should. It's a fully-integrated view of the emergency landing post bird strike of US Airways flight 1549. It may cause you a distinct sense of information overload, but you can hit pause or back up and repeat sections--none of the participants could. This view includes and integrates several radio sources, radar tracks (enhanced to show bird flock positioning) and cockpit chatter, as well as a lovely visual reconstruction.

You can find the whole page that this came from here.

Cheers! generalist

Credit to Diana for finding this one...

Tags:
Current Location: work
Current Mood: energeticenergetic
Current Music: HVAC (hey, it's working!)

From:ironkite
Date:November 14th, 2009 01:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
For some, watching this would be terrifying.
For me, it's just a confirmation of the professionalism shown across the board in this industry.
I had to explain to someone the amount of tracking that generally happens when you change one bulb on an airplane.

Best part was at 4:06 when the Captain asks "Got any ideas?" and the F/O responds "Actually not."
Out of airspeeed, altitude and ideas personified.

Edited at 2009-11-14 01:02 pm (UTC)
From:jikme
Date:November 14th, 2009 02:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)