Current Music: Matthew Sweet: Son of Altered Beast

From:malabar
Date:January 4th, 2004 06:48 am (UTC)
(Link)
The worst I've seen so far: the British hardcover edition of Clive Barker's COLDHEART CANYON had been spell-checked and not prrofed by a human - every time the word 'doctor' appeared, it was changed to 'Dr', even when it was referring to a photograph that had been altered! It took me a while to figure out that a 'Dred' photo had nothing to do with spelling-impaired Rasafarians.
From:malabar
Date:January 4th, 2004 07:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
OK - is there a way to edit comments after they're posted?
proofed!
Rastafarians!
I hang my head in shame.
From:xeger
Date:January 4th, 2004 07:18 am (UTC)
(Link)
Clearly they expect to find many of these on Mars...
(Reply) (Thread)
(Deleted comment)
From:(Anonymous)
Date:January 4th, 2004 11:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Apparently, at present, only one AP-subscribing publication (http://news.google.com/news?q=%22pitchers+of+Mars&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1&safe=off&sa=N&scoring=d) didn't catch the error. I seem to remember from college days that AP has the big ALL CAPS disclaimer in their contract saying their content is sold "AS-IS" (I love that term; what isn't?) and you'd better check the spelling becuase sometimes those filers are in a real hurry.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From:luwenth
Date:January 4th, 2004 08:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
If you've ever seen how things come across AP, you'd be stunned that we get any news at all for all the mistypings, misuse of words, and amiguous statements that are included in most articles. Atrocious.

I think it might be part of why they seperate 'journalism' from 'english' in terms of degree programs, but that's just my opinion :)
(And I'm sure I've just ticked off some people.)
(Reply) (Thread)