More^6 Taiwan - Life is strange...

Sep. 10th, 2009

12:41 pm - More^6 Taiwan

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

Hi folks,

More Taiwan photos from Taroko Gorge.

Picture window onto a river canyon wall.

Exposed layers in rock. The section of rock pictured is probably 150m x 110m or so.

A very red bridge. Many bridges in Taiwan are red, perhaps it has something to do with the inherent peril of bridges, especially in a highly volcanic and earthquake-prone region. That and the fact that red is a lucky color in Chinese culture.

Some sort of tiny insect. It was about 4mm long, and apparently lived on moss.

Current Location: home office
Current Mood: contentcontent
Current Music: none

From:gomijacogeo
Date:September 11th, 2009 10:19 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I really like the red bug - looks like a frame from a state of the art animation (like a modern Wally B. if you remember that Pixar short) rather than something real. Can I have the full-res version?
From:generalist
Date:September 13th, 2009 07:45 pm (UTC)

Wally B!

Thanks for the link to the video, it'd been a while and I'd forgotten just how cute it was.

Please try to click-through on the image now. It isn't ideal as images go, but at least now you'll have it in the fullest resolution I have.

Cheers!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)