More^3 Taiwan - Life is strange...

Sep. 7th, 2009

10:26 pm - More^3 Taiwan

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

Hi folks,

Yet more from Taiwan. This set is not from Taipei, it's from the area around Hualien, on the east coast of Taiwan perhaps 120km south of Taipei.

Enigmatic sculpture of a woman's face. What emotion is she feeling here?

The woman's sculpture was outside this traditional Taiwanese house. All wooden, and here we're looking out through a window toward another, less-traditional building.

Lots of gardens with water lilies and the like. I wonder how they keep down the mosquitos?

These are the formal metal doors to a temple. I think they're kept shut most of the time. The scale is hard to grasp, but by my recollection these were 12m wide and perhaps 8m high.

Concrete ornamental fencing outside the temple.

Current Location: home
Current Mood: contentcontent
Current Music: laptop fan - it's taking off!

Comments:

From:jan_can_too
Date:September 8th, 2009 11:56 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm loving the pictures! Keep posting!
From:xeger
Date:September 8th, 2009 12:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lots of gardens with water lilies and the like. I wonder how they keep down the mosquitos?

Fish.
(Reply) (Thread)