Kragen Auto Parts SUCKS - Life is strange...

Dec. 17th, 2003

09:45 pm - Kragen Auto Parts SUCKS

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

I was in Kragen, needed to get a bunch of stuff. One thing I needed was dash panel bulbs. Turns out they didn't have an x-ref for it, since it was a motorcycle dash. I asked how late they were open (9pm), then went home and took it apart (a matter of minutes) to find out what kind of bulbs it used.

I arrived back at Kragen with my dead bulbs at 5 minutes before 9 (that's what the generated-by-Verizon clock on my cell-phone said). The light was on, employees (including the one who told me 9pm) were in there, but the front door was locked.

I held up my burned-out bulbs; the guy recognized me and said: "I'm sorry ,we're closed". I held the phone up to the glass and he saw it was before 9pm. He said "I'm sorry, I run off my clock, not yours, and mine says 9:05, ok? Last time we opened the door after closing we were robbed" I said "no, it's not," thinking "what a bullshit excuse"... and insulted to boot—he thinks I'm going to rob him?! That's not what I'd call customer service.

So I need to find an auto parts shop in SF or near environs that doesn't suck. Crossing a bridge every time I need a small part is not an option. Usually I need parts for my small japanese cars, or my small japanese bikes.

Any suggestions? Or, I suppose, you too can vent about how Kragen sucks.

Thanks!

Current Mood: annoyedannoyed
Current Music: the rumblings of my empty stomach

From:xeger
Date:December 17th, 2003 10:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hrm. I've found that different Kragen locations vary dramatically. The guys that run the Kragen in Sunnyvale, on El Camino have always been extremely sweet and helpful [and even spent 45 minutes checking around for the ruby that I lost from my ring]. The Pep Boys just down the street from them should be put out of my misery, however.

As far as an auto parts shop in SF... hrm. I had surprisingly good results with Bob's Auto Parts in downtown Sunnyvale, but the type of parts they resell has dripped out of my brain.
From:selkiediver
Date:December 17th, 2003 11:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hm. You and I have both had excellent luck at the Kragen in Los Gatos. Perhaps it's just the neighborhood.
(Reply) (Thread)