Current Music: disk drive whine

From:shadowsmark
Date:February 21st, 2008 11:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Because women want to have sex with guys who have great ids? :D
(Reply) (Thread)
From:jan_can_too
Date:February 22nd, 2008 02:26 am (UTC)

My favorite part...

(Link)
was when the researcher said that you can't just grab someone in the office and say, "It's a medical emergency!" Brilliant!

:)
From:r_wolfcastle
Date:February 22nd, 2008 06:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
This is a very murky area. You have people mistaking tension headaches and even good old-fashioned run-of-the-mill headaches as migraines (look at the comments on the ABC news story for a classic example). You have research that indicates that some sinus headaches may actually be migraines, and at least as much research that indicates that many migraines may in fact be sinus headaches.

Then you have studies claiming that sex helps (or initiates) a migraine, and other studies saying that only orgasm can do the deed.

Since I emerged from adolescence, I have very very rarely had a true full-blown migraine. Instead I get what I term "background migraines", with a sort of junior varsity collection and severity of symptoms. When I am having one of these, having sex to orgasm seems to help for up to an hour or so, then it comes back just as bad as before.

When I am having a full-on Migraine, I cannot even imagine having sex of any kind. Oh, sure, I'm writhing and moaning and calling out to a non-existent God, but there is nothing remotely sexual, sensual, or pleasurable about the experience.

My MO has always been this: if a woman is complaining of a headache and concomitant lack of desire, massage her feet and/or back and/or head. Soon she will either fall asleep, or decide that maybe that headache isn't such an obstacle to desire after all. Either way you help, often just her, sometimes yourself as well. Do with that last statement what you will...
From:tsennyipa
Date:February 22nd, 2008 08:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
Technically, the correlation is between *saying* they have a headache and not wanting sex. But you already knew that... :')

(Reply) (Thread)