Letter from a neighbor - Life is strange...

Oct. 12th, 2006

08:24 pm - Letter from a neighbor

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

This is the text from a hand-written letter gf and I received from our next-door neighbor, a ~75 year old woman who we see carefully and constantly tending her roses. It is so filled with suburban expectations that it's funny. Of course, we do live in the suburbs, so I guess this is the sort of thing we should expect.

Neighbor-
     there is room for 2 cars in front
of your home therefore I do not under-
stand why your auto is in front of
my home as much as it is.  the after-
noon sun creates a glare that makes
it difficult for me to sit in my front
room without putting the blinds down.
Please Keep your Auto in front of your
own home.

                    thank you
                         [neighbor's name]

What our neighbor does not say and apparently has not noticed is that there has been major construction going on on a house across the street for the past few months. The construction workers frequently park both their personal vehicles and large construction-related equipment in front of our house, giving us little alternative but parking in front of her house.

I hope you all have less picky neighbors.

Current Location: office
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: hvac

From:xeger
Date:October 12th, 2006 11:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Heh. Reminds me of my (fortunately gone) next door neighbour, who was deeply offended that the landlord -did things he was asked for-. It was (according to the neighbour) a sign of weak character, and that the landlord would never amount to anything ...
From:generalist
Date:October 16th, 2006 03:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Frankly, your neighbor sounds worse than mine.
From:lusty
Date:October 13th, 2006 12:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
The obvious response, should any be required, is to suggest to said construction workers they park in front of your neighbor's house for a while. I'd like to see her leave a note for them.
From:generalist
Date:October 16th, 2006 03:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Delightfully wicked!
From:jymdyer
Date:October 13th, 2006 04:24 am (UTC)

Glaring at the neighbors.

(Link)
=v= Obviously, your car(s) are too shiny. You can schmutz them up with faux playa dust, solving the problem and making certain people think you're totally cool.
From:hennepin
Date:October 13th, 2006 05:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I have a neighbor like that here in the city... which proves to me that suburbia is a mindset, as well as a place. When I'm not busy being annoyed by his snooping and constant watchfulness, I manage to feel grateful that at least someone knows what's happening in the neighborhood and can alert me (or the police) when something goes awry.

Most of the time, however, I wish he'd get a job and leave the neighborhood alone...
(Reply) (Thread)