Current Music: server fans

From:xthread
Date:March 29th, 2006 09:09 am (UTC)
(Link)
Cyberpunk has been here for a while, slowly radiating out from the supermetros into the rest of the industrialized world. Although the Nineties were generally surprisingly pleasant. And true weirdness does seem to be doing better than we'd hoped, and for that matter some things in the thirld world are sucking a lot less than we'd expected. So its not all doom and gloom.

Nanotube for your thoughts?
From:malabar
Date:March 29th, 2006 11:21 am (UTC)
(Link)
Isn't hubcap theft already enough of a problem? Maybe the folks who'd shell out for these will also have advanced weapons systems to protect the damned things (shades of Car Wars...)
From:ironkite
Date:March 29th, 2006 03:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Wireless modems on the rims. Hmmmm. Driving next to one of these cars and trying to hack the rims brings new meaning to the term Wardriving...

For "Advertising on every surface" see Minority Report. Except they used it to show off how the system can track you.
From:jymdyer
Date:March 30th, 2006 02:13 am (UTC)

Rollin' On Twenties

(Link)