Looking forward to reading your replies.

From:ex_bellicane303
Date:January 12th, 2006 08:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Do you remember dreams from most nights?
I can remember them if I choose to when I wake in the morning (or whenever I wake up from the dream). Otherwise I forget them quickly.

2. What do you most often dream about? Sex, fight-or-flight, embarrassment, actual people you know, or what?
All of the above. Depending on the stressors at the moment. Most often I dream of boring daily life meets random adventures with people I know doing things they usually don't. A common theme tends to be me changing sex/identity somewhere in the middle of the dream. About the time I need saving, I become the person doing the saving.

Is the character of your dreams different when there are different environmental factors? Examples:

Sleeping with a lover vs sleeping alone.
When sleeping next to my partner I have more dreams about old issues.

Heavier or lighter bedclothes.
When cold I don't dream. I just wake up a lot. When hot I have bad nightmares. Usually involving my body being threatened or harmed.

Clothed or naked.
Doesn't make a difference except in so far as it affects my temperature.

Warmer or colder bedroom.
See above.

Sleeping at home vs in a hotel vs in a tent.
Depends how I feel about the environment. If I feel safe I may dream about issues. If I don't feel safe I may dream about random weird stuff. If I am very happy I don't dream at all. If I am excited I may have hopeful or worried dreams about the future.

Do you ever die in your dreams?
No. I always wake up before I die. Though I have been in the process of dying before.

If you die in your dreams, do you somehow hang around and keep experiencing the dream, or does the dream abruptly end?
N/A

Post-death, hanging around, do you remain in your dead body or do you become an observer?
N/A

If you remain in your body, does anything else happen or are you just stuck in a virtual tape-loop?
N/A

If you become an observer, are you now suddenly omniscient, or do you just have a single viewpoint?
N/A
From:malabar
Date:January 12th, 2006 09:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. I rarely remember my dreams. For many years I was often *not in* my dreams - it was like watching a movie as a spectator rather than being a dreamer.

2. I dream about needing the bathroom (probably the majority of my remembered dreams, alas); traveling/being in hotels or airports; finding rooms in a house or secret treasures I didn't know about or forgot about; with occasional forays into things like alternate universes where everything is the same as this one except for one not-very-obvious thing that I spend the whole dream figuring out. I've never dreamed about flying or fight-or-flight that I can remember, and I seldom dream about people I know, though the less physically present they are in my life, the more likely I am to dream about them.

3. No data - I don't remember enough dreams

4. Haven't died yet in a dream
From:owlmoose
Date:January 13th, 2006 07:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
1. I remember that I have dreamed but rarely the details unless it was really striking and I make a point of committing it to memory.

2. People I know, in situations that are almost-real-life-but-not-quite. They almost always seem real as they are happening.

3. Not that I have noticed.

4. No. I've been dying in a few dreams but I've never actually died in one.
From:jymdyer
Date:January 13th, 2006 10:22 am (UTC)
(Link)
1. I usually only remember dreams when my sleep is interrupted. Sometimes I'll remember dream sequences a week or so later.

2. The embarassment dreams seem to have gone away. I often have sex dreams, or perhaps what's happening is that they wake me up. I do have fight-or-flight dreams at times. I dream about real people, especially K.

3. The biggest environmental factor is when light is on my as I sleep, which makes dreams more vivid. Traveling and staying in a hotel or tent makes me dream about being home -- and vice-versa!

4-7. I always seem to elude death in my dreams.

8. Sometimes I become an omniscient observer who can't move. Usually when I force myself to move I wake myself up.
(Reply) (Thread)