Comments:

From:llamaeyes
Date:February 10th, 2004 04:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
The news story I saw this evening said that the sea lion climbed onto the trunk on his own. The officer said that he had been told that the sea lion most likely climbed on the truck to elevate his view as a matter of safety.

Valerie
From:xeger
Date:February 10th, 2004 04:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well - the prevailing theory seems to have been that he took a canal, and then went for a stroll ;>

... and as far as how they got him on the trunk? I can only presume he got himself there :)
From:selkiediver
Date:February 10th, 2004 07:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
I have heard rumors of sea lions climbing into the trunks of divers' SUVs and also into vans while they were out diving. This is why I close my trunk when diving at the Breakwater. I think Demps keeps trying to invite sea lions into his van.

I have also seen video both of sea lions and elephant seals doing interesting things to parked cars after deciding those cars must somehow be a territorial threat.
From:selkiediver
Date:February 11th, 2004 01:08 am (UTC)
(Link)
The best reply I've heard re: this story:

Typical... A brother cruises for a chick outside his normal turf and the Man has to pick up him.
(Reply) (Thread)
From:llamaeyes
Date:February 11th, 2004 06:51 am (UTC)

doh

(Link)
Apparently they found a bullet in his head, but it didn't appear to cause lingering problems; they believe him to be healthy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4230741/
(Reply) (Thread)